Colleges / Universities
University of Southern Indiana
Founded in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 70 undergraduate majors, 10 master's programs, and one doctoral program. The campus of this comprehensive public university is on 1,400 acres just outside of Evansville in southwestern Indiana.
The University offers study-abroad opportunities in more than 61 countries, and is host to international students from around the globe.
USI also serves more than 15,000 individuals annually in continuing education courses, noncredit workshops, conferences, and seminars. Academics offered at the University:
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education
- Romain College of Business
- Outreach and Engagement
University of Evansville
The only private college in Evansville, the University of Evansville was founded in 1854. The 70-acre campus is composed of the College of Arts & Sciences, the College of Education & Health Sciences, the College of Engineering & Computer Science, and The Schroeder Family School of Business Administration. In 2011, UE’s total enrollment was 2,848. Many of the University of Evansville students study abroad at Harlaxton College in Grantham, England, where they operate a satellite campus.
- Schroeder School of Business
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Education and Health Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
Located in Vincennes, Indiana, this public university was founded in 1801, making it the oldest - and first - public university in Indiana. Situated halfway between Evansville and Terre Haute, the campus sits on 160 acres.
- Business and Convergent Technologies
- College of Health Sciences & Human Performance
- College of Technology
- College of Science and Mathematics
Ivy Tech Community College
Renovated in 2005, Ivy Tech Community College – Southwest is located in Evansville, Indiana and enrolls more than 8,000 students around Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick counties.
- School of Applied Science & Engineering Technology
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Fine Arts & Design
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Public & Social Services
- School of Technology
Southern Indiana Career and Technical Center
Located on Lynch Road close to U.S. 41, this vocational high school was established in 2007. Eighteen programs of study are offered in high-demand areas such as agriculture, trade and industry arts, broadcast journalism, business and marketing and career technical education (CTE) classes.
- Industrial Maintenance/Plastics Technology
- Precision Machine Metalworking Technology
- Welding Technology
- Small Engines/Power Mechanics
- Architecture Design/Engineering
- Pre-Engineering/Project Lead the Way
- Computer Network Technology (CISCO)
For a full list of Education Programs offered at SICTC, click here.
Indiana’s first public charter high school, Signature School is located in Downtown Evansville off of Main Street. Often referred to as “Sig School”, this high school has been ranked one of the top high schools in the United States by publications such as Newsweek and the Washington Post. The three major areas of study offered to students are math & science, fine & performing arts, or liberal arts/humanities.
- Ranked #8 in the nation by Washington Post
- Ranked #1 in the Midwest by Washington Post
- Ranked #3 among the nation’s charter schools by Washington Post
- Ranked #7 by Newsweek magazine (June 2011)
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce – "Head of the Class" Best Buy Award
- Four Star Award 2010
- Adequate Yearly Progress (No Child Left Behind)
- Categorized as Exemplary (Indiana Public Law 221)
Public High Schools
- Benjamin Bosse High School
- Central High School
- Francis Joseph Reitz High School
- North High School
- Signature School
- William Henry Harrison High School
Private High Schools
- Evansville Day School
- Faith Heritage Christian School
- Mater Dei High School
- Reitz Memorial High School