Seeking Marketing Assistant (Graphic Design Skills Required)
The Marketing/Graphic Design intern will assist the Growth Alliance's Marketing Communications Manager with ongoing graphic design and marketing projects. This position will especially help with the creation of marketing materials, including: targeted marketing pieces that will aid in attracting new business into Vanderburgh County, the creation of a new company brochure, researching local and regional economic data to update website stats and design industry info sheets.
Other responsibilities may include drafting press releases, creating promotional materials for entrepreneurial events, content development for the Growth Alliance website, as well as assisting other staff members with small projects.
- Designs new and/or updates existing handouts, brochures, website graphics, etc.
- Edits, writes and/or rewrites press releases, articles, blog posts, newsletters, presentations, and other materials to clearly and effectively communicate research findings, news and information
- Researches local and region economic data and updates website stats accordingly
- Uses storytelling and marketing to craft effective business communications
- Markets the Growth Alliance’s local business services with compelling copy
- Creates content for print materials, website and social media posts
- Monitors and ensures that the Growth Alliance website is up-to-date and content remains rich and accurate
- Assisting with day-to-day administration duties, as needed
Proven writing skills with an understanding of different styles and approaches
Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written)
Excellent time management, organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
A go-getter that works well on their own with little supervision
You are visually and conceptually creative with an eye for great editorial design, advertisements, web graphics, etc.
Graphic Design skills required (Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign)
Some knowledge of website language (HTML and CSS) is a plus
You’re an outgoing, creative individual that enjoys working in a small (5-6 person) team environment
You love Evansville and want to have a role in the City’s current activities and momentum!
* This is a paid internship / Hours: flexible (will discuss)
Please email resume with examples of work to Abby Elpers by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 12th.