Education & Training
Entrepreneurs strengthen the local economy and are critical players in the long-term health and prosperity of our community. The Growth Alliance offers education and training through the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation that teaches practical skills needed to create, manage and grow a successful business.
Kauffman FastTrac® GrowthVenture™ provides the tools and support to carefully review and evaluate important aspects of your business, explore next-stage growth and opportunity, and reshape your existing business for future profitability and improved business performance.
Targeted specifically to entrepreneurs who have experience running their businesses, FastTrac® GrowthVenture™ focuses on the next steps for growing your business. In this course you will explore how to:
- Make critical decisions about your business vision and strategy
- Investigate next-stage growth and opportunity
- Plan for strategic growth
- Build and maintain a competitive advantage
- Lead with clarity, and
- Maximize cash flow for future profitability
NEXT COURSE DATE:TBD
Contact us today to start growing your business!
For aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs
Kauffman FastTrac® NewVenture,™ specifically for entrepreneurs in the early stages of business development, provides the tools to develop your business concept, determine the viability of the business concept, and outline the critical steps to a successful business launch.
FastTrac® NewVenture™ makes a difference by providing the opportunity to:
- Explore entrepreneurship;
- Identify and meet market needs;
- Objectively evaluate your concept and plans for moving forward;
- Develop a working knowledge of business fundamentals such as marketing, product/service development, management, and financials;
- Begin building an infrastructure for your business operations and processes;
- Explore the risk and success factors in the marketplace;
- Understand how to access the human, financial, and business resources;
- Network with entrepreneurs and professionals;
- Respond to changes that can impact your business; and
- Build an actionable business plan.
Contact us to start your new venture!
NEXT COURSE DATE: TBD
FastTrac® NewVenture™ Scholarships
14 Scholarships were awarded to entrepreneurs in 2014
16 Scholarships will be awarded to regional entrepreneurs in 2015
Thanks to donations from Vectren and Fifth Third Bank, the Growth Alliance will have scholarships available for interested participants.
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that works with partners to advance entrepreneurship in America and improve the education of children and youth. Founded by late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman, the Kauffman Foundation is based in Kansas City, Mo. For more information, visit www.kauffman.org and follow @kauffmanfdn on Twitter.