Downtown Design Review
Design Review Process
The Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville provides assistance to those who wish to make exterior renovations and/or changes to property in the Downtown Redevelopment Area (refer to map). Examples of exterior changes include, but are not limited to: new construction, demolition, building additions, façade renovations, changes in parking lots, landscaping, curb cuts, drainage and new signage or changes to signage. The application for exterior changes, along with any supporting documentation (see below), will be reviewed by the Design Review Committee. Upon approval by the Committee, permits may be obtained and necessary changes can be made.
For assistance with the design review process contact:
Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville
318 Main Street, Suite 500
Evansville, IN 47708
Fill out the Design Approval Application form and gather supporting documentation including:
- A thorough description of the project
- Photograph of existing conditions including an “establishing shot” (photo of building/site with respect to the surrounding building/landscape)
- Dimensions, details of proposed change including location and position
- Site plan or an illustration of proposed change including view of the changes with respect to the entire building/site and the surrounding area
- Samples of colors and/or materials to be used
Submit 1 electronic (email) copy of the complete application packet to The Growth Alliance one week prior to the scheduled Design Review Committee meeting. (Please refer to a current list of meeting dates.) The Committee generally meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. The applicant must attend the Design Review Committee meeting to answer any questions.
NOTE: PROJECT MATERIALS SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASED BEFORE COMPLETING THE DESIGN REVIEW PROCESS.
All applications are subject to review and approval by the Design Review Committee. Approval by the Committee does not exempt an applicant from any other required permitting or approvals. Please contact the Area Plan Commission, Room 312 Civic Center, 812-435-5226 and/or the Building Commission, Room 310 Civic Center, 812-436-7879 for required permits.